The deadline for abstract submission has expired (Monday, April 2nd, 2018).
- Submissions must be properly formatted and MUST adhere to the conference formatting guidelines found at http://www.aazv.org/?page=2018AbstractGuide. Non-adherence to formatting guidelines will have a negative impact on selection.
- If a poster or abstract has been presented elsewhere, previously published, or is submitted/in press elsewhere, the author must provide a "reprinted with permission” statement from the other organization. Full manuscripts that have been previously published elsewhere are not acceptable.
- All presenters must register for the conference. If your abstract is accepted, you will be expected to complete your registration by July 29th, 2018 - or we will give your slot to someone else.
- The primary/submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the submission. It is the responsibility of the primary author to contact co-authors of this confirmation.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you can submit, but a maximum of one oral presentation will be accepted per individual.
- All veterinary students, veterinarians completing post-graduate training programs and graduate students are encouraged to consult the AAZV website for available competitions: http://www.aazv.org/?page=891.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2018
The SPC requires the submission of full abstracts in lieu of title summaries. This change was implemented in 2013 in order to better equip session chairs to choose the most appropriate presentations. Please note the following information:
- Authors wishing to submit full papers for the conference proceedings will be asked to do so after the abstract has been selected for inclusion in the conference scientific program.
- Authors will be allowed the opportunity to provide minor revisions to their abstracts after they have been selected for inclusion in the conference scientific program.
- Authors wishing to pursue publication in peer-reviewed journals are advised to limit their abstract to less than 250 words to avoid potential conflicts with later publication.
Evaluation Procedures and Deadlines
- The Scientific Program Committee and the session chairpersons will review all submissions and make selections for inclusion in the conference program.
- Proposals constituting sales pitches for products or services will not be considered.
- Notification of accepted presentations and posters will be made by May 28th, 2018.
- Accepted presenters will be expected to provide the final abstract or paper for the proceedings by June 25th, 2018 and adhere to all submission guidelines.
- Complete instructions for speaker, poster, and paper presentations will be provided upon notification of acceptance.
AAZV Scientific Program Committee, Scientific Program Co-Chair
AAZV Scientific Program Committee, Committee Chair
IZW, EAZWV and AAZV support the humane care and treatment of all animals. Any experimentation in which animals are subjected to painful or harmful conditions must be justified and approved by an Animal Care and Use Committee. Authors must demonstrate in their abstracts and papers that the knowledge gained was of sufficient value to warrant such treatment. Questionable abstracts and papers will not be accepted for presentation. Authors must be aware of, and adhere to, all laws, treaties and regulations currently applying to their work.