The deadline for abstract submission has passed.
All abstracts sent in by 8th December 2020 will be reviewed by the conference scientific committee. Authors will receive notification by late January, confirming whether their paper(s) have been accepted for a poster or oral presentation.
You may present your work as an oral presentation via live streaming or you may record your presentation for broadcast during the conference.
For those of you who are interested to present a poster, we will have a section designated specifically for 2 min presentations of posters, i.e. you will have the opportunity to summarize the most important messages from your work in a 2-min talk or voice recording (elevator pitch) while your poster is displayed on everybody’s screen. For those of you who do not wish to communicate the content of your poster orally, your poster will nonetheless be displayed in the abstract booklet with your contact details in case people have questions.
If you have not indicated your choice during abstract submission in our conference registration tool, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know whether you would like to communicate your poster orally or not.
Please note that time slots for oral and poster presentations are limited and therefore presentations will be assigned on a competitive basis.
- Abstracts should briefly outline the aim of the study and methods applied, and present the main findings and principal conclusions.
- Abstracts should be submitted using the registration webpage of the conference (https://www.bayceer.uni-bayreuth.de/bat2020/en/).
- Please remember to include the correct e-mail address for correspondence concerning the submission and whether your preference is for an oral or poster presentation.
- Presentations with more than one author should remember to indicate the name of the presenting author.
- Abstracts should not exceed 400 words (excluding title, authors names, and address).
Please ensure that your abstract conforms to the following guidelines:
- Word file (REMARK: Please not with extension .docx).
- Title: 11 pt, bold, Times New Roman
- Authors: capital, 11 pt, Times New Roman, letters not in bold, include full first given names
- Institution name, address and E-mail address of corresponding author: normal script, 11 pt
- Text: should be continuous in normal script, 11 pt, Times New Roman, 2 cm left margins and exact 12pt line spacing
You can download the guidelines as pdf (195 KB).
The T.H. Kunz student competition for best oral and poster presentation
It is with great sadness that we recognize the passing of Tom Kunz earlier this year from complications associated with Covid-19. He was a visionary, energetic bat researcher who stimulated the work of many of us. We surely will miss him. To honor his contribution to the field of bat ecology and conservation, we are selecting the T.H. Kunz award for best oral presentation during each IBBM.
We proudly announce that several companies have donated equipment, vouchers and books for the T.H. Kunz student competition for best oral and poster presentation. This competition is organized to honor the lifetime achievements of Prof. T.H. Kunz to the study and conservation of bats. So far, we have obtained donations totaling about 4,500€ from the following companies: Wildlife Acoustics, Elekon, EcoObs, Alpha Mach, NHBS and Chimaira. We thank these companies for their generous gifts.
Nominations will be made by the scientific committee of the conference.