We have reserved 10-minute time slots for short oral presentations. The presentations can either be given live (online) or as a recorded presentation. We also offer the opportunity to present your work on a poster, which can be summarised in a pre-recorded 2-minute presentation (optional).
In particular, we aim to gather information from papers and studies that have used different techniques to study bat movements, such as ringing, acoustic surveys, VHF tracking, MOTUS tracking, GPS tracking and others. We invite you to contribute to this project with your scientific knowledge on bat movements.
In case you would like to present your work at the symposium, please submit your abstract by the 16th October 2022. Please note that presentation slots are limited and will be assigned on a competitive basis.
Deadline for abstract submission: 16th October 2022, midnight CEST
- Abstracts should briefly outline the aim of the study and methods applied, and present the main findings and principal conclusions.
- Abstracts should be submitted using the registration webpage of the symposium: https://www.bayceer.uni-bayreuth.de/bat2023/
- Please remember to include the correct e-mail address for correspondence concerning the submission.
- Presentations with more than one author should remember to indicate the name of the presenting author.
- Abstracts should not exceed 400 words (excluding title, author names and address).
Please ensure that your abstract conforms to the following guidelines:
- Word file
- Font: Times New Roman
- exact 12pt line spacing
- Title: 11 pt, bold
- Authors: small capital letters, 11 pt, letters not in bold, include full first given names
- Institution name, address and E-mail address of corresponding author(s): normal script, 11 pt
- Text: normal script, 11 pt, justified text
Acceptance of submitted contributions:
All abstracts sent in by 16th October 2022 will be reviewed by the scientific committee. Authors will receive notification, confirming whether their abstracts(s) have been accepted for presentation.